Customize your Grand Canyon travel guide based on your road trip or airport approach to the park. On the form above, select to receive trip information directly from vacation partners for the regions you will be vacationing in.
Northern Arizona Grand Canyon Country
Discover the beauty of red rocks, lakes and historic Route 66 surrounding the park.
- Sedona, Arizona - Welcome to Sedona, Arizona! This land that is called Red Rock Country is a four-seasons playground for everyone! from historians, geologists, archeologists, artists, art collectors, adventurers, and especially for curious outdoor enthusiasts who love spectacular scenery.
- Kingman, Arizona - Kingman is the Heart of Historic Route 66 between the Grand Canyon Skywalk and Grand Canyon National Park. Enjoy the Historic Downtown's four museums and a self guided walking tour of more than 40 sites on the National Registry of Historic Places.
- Grand Canyon North Rim Lodge - Located within the Park the historic Lodge is nestled on the north edge at 8,100 ft with inspiring views of the Canyon. Featuring 218 guest rooms and cabins and various dining venues to fit your schedule.
- Page, Arizona | Lake Powell - Lake Powell. Colorado River. Glen Canyon Dam. Slot Canyons. Fishing. Biking. Hiking. Navajo culture. Houseboats. Got your attention? Page Lake Powell, Arizona!
- Lake Powell Resorts & Marinas - Lake Powell is the ultimate playground with nearly 2,000 miles of shoreline, perfect weather and some of the west's most spectacular scenery. Rent a houseboat or enjoy our resorts and take a guided tour.
- Lowell Observatory - Located in downtown Flagstaff, the gateway to the Grand Canyon, Lowell Observatory offers a vast public program including telescope viewing, world-class quarterly exhibits, daytime tours and multimedia shows
- Williams, Arizona - Williams is the Gateway to the Grand Canyon® and a true western community with cowboys ready to welcome you on Route 66.
- Flagstaff, Arizona - This lively gateway community comes with a historic downtown. Take the self-guided walking tour, dare to climb the ropes or do the Ale Trail.
- OARS - When it comes to experiencing — not just seeing — the Grand Canyon and Colorado River in Arizona, no one does it better than OARS. Choose guided hiking, rafting or dory boating.
- Grand Canyon West - Get an aerial view of the Canyon through a glass bridge on the Skywalk, take a white water rafting tour with Hualapai River Runners, go on a helicopter and boat tour, soar over cliffs on a zip line and experience history at Guano Point.
Greater Arizona Hot Spots
Add more Arizona parks and city attractions to your Grand Canyon trip.
- Arizona State Parks - Explore hidden gems in Arizona's State Parks. Take a hiking trip, view geologic wonders or fish in remote areas.
- Arizona Office of Tourism - Visit the legendary Grand Canyon, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and Arizona's most identifiable - and breathtaking - landmark. Request your Arizona Visitors Guide!
- Gilbert, Arizona - Ranked as “Phoenix’s Coolest Suburb,” and a “top 5 foodie neighborhood in metro Phoenix,” Gilbert is the perfect home base for Arizona explorations because of its close proximity to 22 national parks (including the Grand Canyon) and 35 state parks.
Utah Stops on the Way
North of the Grand Canyon, five Utah national parks and mountain towns await.
- Kanab, Southern Utah - Stay in one place while visiting a multitude of national parks and national monuments in our area: Grand Canyon, Zion, Grand Staircase-Escalante, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks, Pipe Spring, and Glen Canyon/Lake Powell.
- Moab, Utah - Where Adventure Begins and your gateway to national and state parks, a plethora of recreation, and relaxation. Southeast Utah's top destination vacation location.
- Ruby's Inn - Ruby's Inn is the closest lodging to Bryce Canyon National Park. We offer the finest in Accommodations, RV Park/Campground, Restaurants, and Western Activities, in the Bryce Canyon area.
- Visit Salt Lake - Long-known as the most convenient gateway to America's most stunning national parks, Salt Lake offers endless options and experiences for anyone and everyone.
- Red Mountain Resort - Find world-class amenities, cuisine, and service with Red Mountain Resort, one of the top resorts in St. George Utah for fitness, wellness and adventure.
- Visit Cedar City - National parks, the Utah Shakespeare Festival, Brian Head Resort, Parowan town - it's all here!
Colorado Stops on the Way
Experience cliff-side ruins, steam-powered trains and mountain views in route.
- Durango, Colorado - From fly-fishing, zip lining and mountain biking, to biking, skiing, rock climbing and golfing; outdoor enthusiasts will be amazed by the playground Mother Nature has provided in Durango, Colorado.
Texas and New Mexico Stops on the Way
Explore Native American culture, New Mexican foods and park sites such as White Sands National Monument, Carlsbad Caverns National Park and Guadalupe Mountains National Park on your way to the Grand Canyon.
- Gallup, New Mexico - Gallup is the one true place that offers enticing outdoor adventures while seamlessly blending awe-inspiring art and rich culture deeply rooted in Native American tradition and its People.
- Grants, New Mexico - There is a place where Route 66 winds through enchanted mesas and towering sandstone bluffs. Where ancient pueblo cities reach to the sky, subterranean adventures tunnel below, and rolling greens are par for the course. Explore Grants!
- Farmington, New Mexico - Farmington is your ticket to unlimited adventure. Rugged, wild scenery coupled with unique culture, it's here that outdoor lovers and active families thrive.
- Carlsbad, New Mexico - Located in the Chihuahuan Desert on the beautiful Pecos River, this oasis is the gateway to Carlsbad Caverns National Park.
- Las Cruces, New Mexico - With 320 days of sunshine and a thriving chile-based culinary scene, Las Cruces is literally a hot spot in southern New Mexico.
- El Paso, Texas - The birthplace of Margaritas has a historic mission trail, stunning and serene places to get outdoors, and taco options from DIY to high-end creations.
- Alamogordo, New Mexico - From White Sands National Monument to alpine meadows high in the Sacramento Mountains, outdoor lovers love Alamogordo. Visitors will also find the birthplace of space exploration, a thriving performing arts center, surprising restaurants and top-flight golf.
Tour Guides and Tour Apps
Don't miss a thing by following an expert - a literal "Grand Canyon Travel Guide."
- GyPsy Guide Grand Canyon Driving Tour App -Listen to an expert tour guide automatically play interesting and entertaining commentary as you go.
- Wildland Trekking Guided Hiking Vacations - Go on an unforgettable hiking vacation. There's a tour that fits nearly anyone who loves to hike in world-renowned, breathtaking landscapes.